Friday, February 4, 2011

Brewdog and Glen Garioch

On tuesday we saw an ad on paper about a trip to local brewery and whiskey distillery. So, we desided to go and see if we could join them with Jari, another finish Erasmus student.
There wasn't any tickets left but fortunately there was just enough spare seats and we were able to join the tour. We met two local finnish students Miika and Ilmari and also two Erasmus students from Rovaniemi. Many people on the bus were international and actually there is lots of people from all around Europe in the University of Aberdeen.

So first we went to the Brewdog brewery on Fraserburgh. It's a small brewery and they're quite young since they've started at 2007. One of the workers showed us the equipment that they have and explained how the brewing works.
On our way to brewery.
Bitch please!
One of the workers telling us how things are done.
Grain waste.
Fermentation

Tasting.
And then while we were almost leaving the actual introducer arrived. She took us to the storage room where told the history of the label and about their products. We got to taste few of their beers, Punk, 77, Trashy Blonde, Hardcore, Zeitgeist and Tokyo*. My favorite was Zeitgeist. Brewdog has made the strongest beer in the world "The End of History" which is 55%.
Girl telling us about the beers & Zeitgeist logo in front.
Whole crew. 
Pile of brewdog.
Tactical Nuclear Penquin 32% alc.
A bottle of Penquin.
After tasting we took the bus to the Glen Garioch distillery on Oldmeldrum. It's one of the oldest distilleries in Scotland. We had a nice tour and were told the history of the distillery and the whole process of making the whiskey.
Entering the visitor centre.


Empty barrels in the room where the grains were spread
on the floor to start the process of turning starch to glucose

Tour guide telling how they used to dry the grains
with peat before.
Heater.

Mash tun.

Mash.

Wash backs.

Spirit stills.

Spirit falls.

Scottish single malt whiskey


















After the tour we went back to the visitor center and got to taste some fine scottish single malt whiskey. And everybody was happy!
Tasting.

Glen Garioch from 1991.

1 comment:

  1. Nice information on here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at  Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate their effort and also try to get this to anyone looking for business loans or other financial issues to Contact Mr, Benjamin Email: 247officedept@gmail.com  He is also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.

    ReplyDelete